Wonderful Citrus is seeking an Operations Manger for its McAllen, Texas location!
The ideal candidate will Implement structured problem solving methodologies geared towards maximizing business performance, returning savings to the bottom line and building organizational capability. Operations Managers will build and demonstrate expertise in Lean/Toyota Production System (TPS) and Six Sigma.
Wonderful Citrus is America‚ s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus. Our citrus varieties can be found in the produce department of grocery stores across the country under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
To learn more about Wonderful Citrus Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderfulcitrus.com .
- Lead key Lean/Six Sigma Projects.
- Train and support operating departments to develop capability.
- Be a resource to plants and departments in identifying, planning and implementing Lean/Six Sigma projects.
- Act as a liaison within and between plants on operational excellence best practices.
- Own continuous improvement processes that sustain the infrastructure to ensure ongoing financial benefit.
- Provide management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key process focused objectives.
- Plan, roll out, support and provide training to others in the Lean/TPS and Six Sigma methodology, especially to process supervision and shop floor personnel.
- Build in depth technical knowledge of PCA‚ s business and key work processes/functions.
- Minimum requirement of a college degree (engineering preferred, industrial engineering strongly preferred).
- 2-3 years experience in leading implementation of Lean or TPS continuous improvement methodologies. Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems. Experience with Six Sigma preferred.
- 3+ years experience successfully managing teams in a production, packinghouse, or operations management function.
- Practical application proficiency with mathematical statistics.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- TPS or Lean certification preferred.
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 7,300 employees worldwide. We‚ ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America‚ s top-selling salty snacks. We‚ ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California‚ s top-selling luxury Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world‚ s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $100 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, nearly $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives in 2015 alone, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California‚ s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs.
The Wonderful Citrus Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status or protected veteran status, ancestry, age or any other categories protected by law.