Entravision Communications Corporation
Location/Market: McAllen, TX
Entravision Communications Corporation (NYSE: EVC) one of the fastest growing Hispanic multi-media companies is seeking an On-Air Personality. Responsible for the creative and attention-grabbing topics and issues for the show while maintaining compliance for FCC policies, creative production and editing of commercials for clients, and performing high quality ‚ Talent‚ interviews.
1. Prepares the station‚ s daily sports reports for the assigned newscasts.
2. Works with procedures to establish high standards and style of writing.
3. Uses social media such as Twitter and Facebook to promote sports stories and station events.
4. Develops and maintains contacts with local sports team and athletic departments and reports on local sports events.
5. Creates an attractive, interesting, accurate, and fast-paced daily sports segment.
6. Works a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays depending on sports coverage.
7. Reviews incoming sports footage and editing, cataloging, and filing of video library.
8. Participates in community events and represents those appearances on social media.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Exceptional Skills in Writing Conversational Broadcast in English and Spanish
3. Creativity and Enthusiasm
4. Technical Ability.
Reports directly to News Director
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Must be available to work weekend schedule, as necessary. Hours and schedule may vary.
Required Education and Experience
1. College degree and a minimum of two years‚ experience as a television sports reporter and/or anchor preferred.
2. Available to work holidays and the hours necessary to perform duties adequately.
3. Bilingual English/Spanish.
4. Knowledge of I-News, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premier a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage women and minorities to apply.